- 1 kg of apricots
- 500 / 700 g of sugar
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- A piece of cinnamon stick (optional)
1. Put the chopped and pitted apricots in the pot with the sugar, the lemon juice and if you wish, a little cinnamon.
2. Let it rest and when they make suquet put it on the fire to boil for 40′. Stir from time to time and make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Lower the heat and keep stirring. Having cooked for 40′, let it cool and if you like the texture (when it cools it becomes a little more consistent) put it back on the fire and boil the empotau hot (the pots must be sterilized).
4. The can should be left well filled and turned over all at once. Let cool and taste as you like.
5. If you want it to have more consistency, let it boil for another 1/2 hour. Also, if you like the finer texture, you can pass it through a blender before boiling.
Maria Verger‘s kitchen
Las recetas son como las instrucciones de vuelo, nos llevan de los alimentos e ingredientes a maravillosos platos. Y gracias a la buena mano en la cocina de María Verger, podemos ofrecerte una especial selección de recetas.